We're happy to announce that now tracking your employee time attendance just got easier and more efficient with our new Geofencing feature. Also, we have improved different functions along with a fresh UI dashboard look!
We all know that tracking employees' time attendance gives us access to information about their punctuality, absenteeism, and many more. But for that information to be useful, it needs to be as accurate as possible.
That's why in this product update, we added the clock in/out with location feature to ensure accuracy and eliminate employee manipulation.
Plus, we also enable you to add your company logo. Lastly, we have a new dashboard for you and your team!
A more efficient Time Attendance function
1. Introducing Geofencing for clocking in/out
For SMBs, we know how much inaccurate time attendance affects the bottom line of a business like yours. And that’s why we’ve created the geofencing for the clocking in/out feature.
What this feature does is simple: it empowers HR to prevent time attendance fraud.
By setting the defined location, HR can instantly know and prevent the employee who is not at the designated area (e.g., the office) from clocking in/out.
Here’s how it works:
- You will activate geofencing for each office by inputting the address (integration with Google to have the accurate address) and the acceptable radius. Those two inputs then form the geofencing circle.
- Next, when clocking in/out on the web app and mobile app, you’ll know if the employee is inside/outside the designated area (geofencing circle).
- If the employee is outside the circle, they might be asked to input the reason or might not be able to clock in/clock out - depending on the configuration you choose.
Authorize QR Code access
Before now, all employees can have access to the link displaying the QR code - allowing them to clock in/out from anywhere (instead of coming to the office). But this feature now allows HR to restrict permission to that link - if necessary.
You can choose any one of the two options:
- Public URL for everyone: If this option is selected, it means everyone will be able to access the URL.
- Restricted URL with password: If this option is selected, an additional text field (Password) comes up whenever anyone tries to access it. Simply put, only authorized users can access it.
Configurable Clock in/out feature
This new feature allows companies to define which platform their employees can clock in/out. You can enable the feature either on the web app or mobile app or both to ensure accuracy.
Here’s how it works:
- Each office will have the configuration to turn on/off the clock in/out feature.
- HR can choose to turn on the clock in/out on the web app or mobile app.
- The configuration is applied to the employee of said office only.
Customize your company’s logo
Another good news is that you can now upload your company logo on the Grove HR web app. This will help to smoothen the adoption process. The logo will be displayed on the Navigation bar.
Fresh UI for the dashboard
Lastly, we present a new, fresh, and more interactive UI for Dashboard. The Admin can now view statistics on employee’s movement, attendance, time-off & payroll on the Dashboard.
Did you know?
If you are a current Grove HR user, you can start effectively managing your employees' time attendance with our new feature update now.
If you are not, Grove HR is 100% free forever for you to eliminate manual core HR processes and get jobs done anytime, anywhere. Sign up now for our Free, forever program to start enjoying this new feature update and other functions!