Let's welcome 2022 with new updates from Grove HR that will help you achieve bigger things in the new year. From improved time-off request settings to advanced reports, here’s what makes the new updates special.
Automation is key to an effective and simplified management system. Spending less time handling manual tasks leaves room for your team to tend to more productive and innovative activities.
With this new update, you can now enjoy flexible time off booking hours, analyze data more accurately, and access job and remuneration history. Take a look!
Enable flexible time off requests and settings
1. Book time off in hours or days
With the new enhancements, you can now create a more flexible time off booking structure. Instead of employees taking the traditional extensive days off, they can now spread out their time off in hours, half a day, or a specific time of the day (morning or afternoon).
Users can also enjoy the accuracy of each booked time off with Grove HR. For instance, when employees select the half-day option when booking for time off, it is recorded as 0.5 days, up until their total time off entitlement for a period elapses.
There are 3 options for you to configure:
Moreover, time off can now be accurately calculated according to the company’s policy and standard working hours, regardless of the time off structure employees have selected. Here’s how it works:
- If the company policy permits employees to book for time off based on the Morning/Afternoon structure, employees are allowed to select either the Morning, Afternoon, or Full day options. Whatever option employees select gets recorded, and is then calculated in accordance with the total number of days booked. Employees’ work schedule also influences the start time and end time of each booked time off.
- For employees whose company permits them to book time off using the Half-day structure, they get to choose between the 1st Half, 2nd Half, or Full day. In this case, the employee work schedule wouldn’t influence the start time and end time of each booked time off. Instead, the days booked are recorded as 0.5 days or 1 day and used as a historical reference.
Plus, Grove HR enables a “Sync to Google Calendar” option, where employees can integrate their time off with their Google Calendar. The updates for time-off requests are also available on Grove's mobile app.
2. Rounding rule for yearly accruals
Now, businesses can work with more accurate figures when dealing with accruals. These figures can also be customized to round up according to the company’s preferred rounding rule.
The implemented rounding rules are dependent on the rounding formula users have selected, which could be one of these three options: Nearest, Up to, and Down to.
If you desire to align the rounding rule for yearly accruals with the company’s policy, you can also select a rounding rule for each time off policy.
This function is currently applied for time off policy that meets the following:
- Time off type's unit = Day
- Accrual Frequency = Yearly
- Prorate = is Enabled
By default, the Rounding rule is set to None.
The rounding rule only applies for accrued entitlement (Accruals), not the balance.
You can see examples of how rounding rules work here.
3. Enable effective date of a policy & waiting period
Managers can now set the effective date and waiting period to decide when employees will be eligible to request time off.
1. Effective date of a policy: This refers to the date on which a new hire will be eligible for the time off.
2. Waiting period: This refers to the period employees need to wait to be able to request time off.
Here are a couple of common illustrations on how Grove HR comes in handy when enabling effective date of a policy and waiting period:
Time off accruals is calculated from the Join date of an employee. Each employee is entitled to this accrued time off.
- Time off accruals is calculated from the Join date of an employee. However, employees can only utilize the accrued time off once they’ve passed their probation period or after 90 days from their join date (for companies without existing probation rules).
- Employees can begin to use their time off after the end of their probation date. The accrued time off is put to full effect.
View job and salary changes in Employee Profile
The history of each employee’s salary and job over the years can now be accessed by HR’s and employees for record-keeping purposes. With just a single glance, this data can be assessed and put to use when necessary.
HR and employees can see the historical data of salary changes.
- HR can edit the current active salary (without changing the effective start date).
- HR can schedule a salary update in the future.
HR and employees can see the historical data of job information changes.
HR can edit the current active job information (without changing the effective start date).
HR can schedule a job update in the future.
A better way to look at your data with new reports
We have upgraded our reports to allow users to visualize data more quickly than ever. Now action plans can be made to eradicate ineffective policies and implement result-driven ones.
Turnover Rate: See the overview of the resigned employees over the active employees in the company
Employee Tenure: See an overview of employees’ years of service
Time Off Schedule: See an overview of employees’ time off schedules
Birthday Report: View breakdown of employees' birthdays in a specific period
Get started now
If you are a current Grove HR user, you can start using the new features now. If not, sign up for free or book a demo with our team to learn how Grove HR can level up your team productivity and employee experience.