Let’s get to know the top 5 HRIS software options in 2024. This guide will help you find the system that best suits your organization's unique needs.
Managing human resources in any business is a challenging task. There are loads of rules to follow, schedules to sort out, employees to manage.
HR tools can make a big difference in positive ways. But with so many options across HR management software, how do you figure out which software solution truly aligns with your organization's size and needs?
Don't worry; we're here to light the way. Let’s dig into the details of the 5 best HRIS software in the market for 2024 together!
Recommended for deepening your understanding: Why do you need to employ an HRIS system now?
What Is An HRIS System?
A Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is online software that combines human resources with information technology for seamless HR processes.
It helps businesses streamline operations related to human resources, such as employee management or payroll.
Tips To Choose the Best HRIS For Your Company
Going through the wide range of HR solutions can be tough, but it's all about finding what HRIS fits best with your company’s needs. Remember, just because an HRIS system is top-rated doesn't mean it's your right buddy.
If you want to make sure your HRIS choice ends up being a big win and not just a fancy useless thing, check out these key pointers:
- Features: Most HRIS platforms offer various features designed to support the entire employee lifecycle, but not all of them are necessary to your organization. Evaluating the specific needs of your business helps you eliminate unsuitable and costly options.
- Budget: Check out the pricing of HR software for any hidden fees or if it'll cost more as you grow. Some of the best HRIS tools might have everything you need, even in their free versions. But if it is worth the money, look into it more.
- Scalability and future growth: Choose an HRIS system that can grow with your business. Scalability ensures that your system can handle increased data and users as your company expands. Some software solutions might be cheap with standard packages; then advanced packages might exceed your budget.
- Integration capabilities: Ensure the HRIS solution seamlessly integrates with your existing software, such as accounting and time-tracking systems.
When diving into the big world of HRIS software, it's not just about cool features.
We've based our ranking on a set of must-have things that make sure these systems deliver value, are user-friendly, and meet the specific needs of their target audience.
With these things in mind, we come up with our top 5 best choices.
Top 5 Best HRIS Software for 2024
1. Grove HR - best HRIS software for SMBs
Grove HR is the best HR management software to simplify and automate all HR tasks for startups and small and medium-sized businesses. It helps you manage all aspects of HR in one place, from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and HR reportings.
Grove HR stands out with its quick and free setup; you can get going in just a minute or two with a free account. Even with the free plan, you can take advantage of all Core HR features of the software, even the employee mobile app and AI-powered document intelligence.
- FREE for up to 50 employees
- Paid plans start at $3 per employee
- Super user-friendly
- Free plan includes all Corel HR features
- Great customer support
- Easily access by browser and mobile app
- Limited customization options
- Limited of integrations with other software systems
2. Freshteam - best for startups
Built for startups, Freshteam gives the fast pace and flex that young companies want. With its unmatched way of tracking applicants mixed with data-based decision tools, Freshteam serves up strong HR solutions without weighing startups down.
Freshteam packs in several impressive features that stand out for businesses on the rise. Its applicant tracking system helps simplify the recruitment hustle, pulling candidates from various sources like job boards, personal connections, and more.
- FREE for up to 50 employees
- Paid plans start at $1.20/employee/month and $71 platform fee/month.
- Scale with your business’s size
- Provide free forever plans, including features such as a basic career site, basic time-off management, employee directory, etc.
- Integrate with AI-powered analytics
- Hard to use by new users
- Need more update in mobile version
- Lack of integrations
- Cost more in customization
3. BambooHR - best HRIS systems for midsize companies
Most suitable for midsize businesses, BambooHR offers a perfect mix of fancy tools and user-friendly design, making HR tasks both influent and straightforward.
By boosting performance, BambooHR ensures that every team member not only aligns with the company's objectives but also evolves in their personal growth trajectories.
- Between $6-12/employee/month
- Charge ~5-15% of the annual software fees
- User-friendly interface
- Mobile app available
- Built-in applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Provide rich reporting and analytics
- Work smoothly with all sorts of tools
- Higher price than others
- Limited customization capabilities
- Some limits on changing forms, reports, and reviews
- Not much help in basic plan
4. PartnerHR - best for nonprofits
Partner HR is a management software designed and priced specifically for nonprofits. Manage staff and volunteer profiles, documents, and time off all in one place.
One standout feature of PartnerHR is its comprehensive volunteer staff system - all about streamlining volunteer activities. It takes the complexity out of coordinating volunteers, making it easier for nonprofits to mobilize their most enthusiastic supporters and efficiently channel their energy.
- $20/month for basic plan
- $100/month for standard plan
- $500/month for premium plan
- Easily integrate with the solutions you already use
- Create an organization chart in seconds
- Show everything scheduled at a glance
- Might not fulfill the requirement of profit-oriented business
- Integrations are only available for some platforms such as Google Calendar, Gmail and Stripe
5. Workday - best HRIS system for large companies
Workday is a giant in the HRIS world, made carefully for big businesses dealing with complex HR tasks. Seamlessly weaving finance with HR, planning, and analytics, it handles the many-sided needs of the modern-day enterprise.
It stands out as a top choice for large companies mainly because of its holistic approach to HR and financial management. Big businesses can adapt quickly in today's corporate landscape while also fostering an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered and connected.
- Custom pricing only
- Ease of use and intuitive user interface
- Customizable options to fit any specific needs
- Offers adequate integration to other third-party apps
- Customer support via phone and online
- Lacks transparent pricing
- No free version
- Dedicate training sessions for new users
Choosing the right HRIS is about finding a perfect fit with your company.
For example, if you have less than 50 employees, you can use Grove HR for all its amazing features. And for larger companies with more advanced needs, Workday might be the better choice.
It's essential to understand your organization's specific needs and evaluate each software's features, pricing, and adaptability. By carefully considering these top 5 best HRIS software, you can make an informed decision that best serves your HR management in the future.
If your organization is based in the Philippines, it may be worth considering to take a look at Best HRIS in the Philippines for 2023: Top 6 Picks.